This Morning In the Garden

It's a lazy Saturday.  It's nice to have an easy day every once in a while.  I like to take a cup of tea into the garden and have a close examination of all the different flowers and plants.   I see lots of little weed-lets that need to be dispatched.  For now let's just enjoy the flowers.


This is a Heuchura plant.  I grow them for their brilliant coloured foliage.  In the United States the flowers are a prime source of food for the Ruby Throated Hummingbird.  We don't have hummingbirds here but Heuchuras are still one of my favourite perennial plants. 


The garden is always a- buzz with bees, hover flies, lady bugs and butterflies.  Mr. Bumble was kind enough to let me take his photograph.


These are apple blossoms.  Did you know that apples are part of the Rose family?  I find that fascinating.  Each flower has the potential to grow into a delicious apple.  Of course, they don't.... lots of tiny apples drop off. The tree couldn't support all the apples if each blossom bore fruit. 


Columbines make me think of fairies. Once,  I saw a painting full of fairies, each wearing a hat made from a different flower.  Columbine flowers just look like fairy hats to me.  That's the best thing about a garden, you can let your imagination run wild. 




Of course, all this buzzing, blossoming, and growing takes place under the watchful eye of the Head Gardener, the little Dust Bunny!

Comments

  1. I love that last photo. My Saturday is usaly going shopping and eating out. But, every once in while we just stay home. Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess!

      I love that last photo, too. He sat on that flower pot so long he fell asleep! Uncle Andy and I usually go out for lunch on Saturdays but sometimes we just want to stay home and keep our pj's on until lunch!

      Love ya!
      Aunt Deb X

      Delete

Post a Comment