Leaf Peeping Picnic at Westonbirt Arboretum

One of my favourite days out is packing a picnic and going to Westonbirt Arboretum to see the Japanese Maple collection in full Autumnal colour.



Yesterday the weather was clear, crisp and bright so we packed the picnic hamper and all the camera equipment we could carry and headed off for a day of 'leaf peeping'.  



I hope you find the fall foliage as beautiful and varied as I do because I will posting some of my favourite photos.  



I promise, I won't make you look at all of the 300 photos I took yesterday!


With all it's vibrant colours and variety of leaf shapes, how could you not enjoy a day leaf peeping at Westonbirt!

Comments

  1. I can get quite emotional over the autumnal colours - what lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased to hear that I am not the only one who gets emotional over the autumn leaves. Every year I try to study beautiful trees and plants and try to commit their colours to memory. I really don't think there are many things more beautiful. I will be posting more photos soon. Please come back for more.

      Thanks!
      Debs

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I've heard of Westonbirt, stunning pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Japanese maple collection is so beautiful. I am glad you like the photos. I have lots more to share.

      Delete
  3. These pics are gorgeous. I absolutely love the fall...the trees, the weather, wearing sweatshirts, soup, clear and cold nights. I recently took some leaf pics too! I HAVE to get them up on the sorely neglected blog. Soon, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....I love EVERYTHING about autumn. I wish it lasted longer but maybe it wouldn't be as special if it did. I can't wait to see your foliage photos!!!!! : )

      Delete
  4. I love maples and am a big Acer fan. Your pictures are gorgeous!
    I'm a bonsai nut/amateur photographer and I was thinking about have a photo page on our blog, http://www.anitajaydawes.net
    seeing your stunning pictures has just made my mind up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. The old saying is true... a picture is worth a thousand words. Share your photos. Your readers will love them. : )

      Delete

Post a Comment