The Pepper Pot Posy

Nature is amazing.  In the coldest, gloomiest time of the year she will surprise you with a tiny touch of Spring.  Early this morning I was filling the bird feeders when out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of bright blue.



One little frost covered Forget-Me-Not was twinkling away in a crack of the garden path.  Last summer a minuscule seed found it's way into a broken bit of concrete and germinated.  I should have pulled it out as a weed but thank goodness, it was ignored.  



The petite Tete a Tete daffodils are beginning to bloom, too.  I couldn't resist picking just one to make a miniature posy.



But what could I use for a vase?  These are such tiny, delicate flowers they would be lost in the smallest bud vase.  What is the smallest container in the house....  the pepper pot!



With the addition of a new garden plant and my recycled...upcycled pepper pot, I have a miniature Spring garden on my kitchen window ledge.



Of course, Forget-Me-Nots shouldn't be in bloom for months.  Nature is amazing.  She has sent this one fragile blue messenger to remind us that Spring is on it's way.

Comments

  1. We have also Forget-me-nots in our garden - growing "wild". They sow themselves, so we let some of them bloom and let them grow until they produce seed. So there are each year some growing and blooming - whereever they decide to do it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lived in the United States I tried unsuccessfully to grow Forget-Me-Nots in the garden. I never got one flower. Here in Devon, they grow like weeds. I think they are the most beautiful blue. : )

      Delete
  2. I am squealing! I adore forget-me-nots and have loads that have self-seeded over the years in my garden. They really do get into the tiniest of cracks and go wild. Alas, none flowering here yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are the loveliest little flowers and look so beautiful with the bright yellow of the tiny daffodil. This little fellow is too early for his own good so I plucked him and am enjoying his company in the kitchen.

      Delete

Post a Comment