A Host of Golden Daffodils or Poet's Corner

Right, I know poetry isn't everybody's thing.  I confess I must be in the right mood to attempt to read it, but these brilliant little flowers brought Wordsworth to mind.



You know the poem I am talking about....


The 'wandering lonely as a cloud' one...


We had to learn it in school, back in the Dark Ages!


Yeah, this one......DAFFODILS!   Click on Daffodils and listen Jeremy Irons' dulcet tones as he recites Wordsworth's most recognisable work.  Poetry ain't half bad after all!

Comments

  1. Very nice poem! I didn't know it... thanks for it and for the great fotos to look at while listening.
    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This poem was part of my early education. Every school child had to memorize it. It was a chore then but a pleasure now. Happy Sunday! : )X

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with you - mostly I'm pretty 'meh' about poetry but when the right poem hits you at the right time it's one of the most powerful things you can experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the little daffodils blooming away in the garden, I couldn't resist. : )

      Delete

Post a Comment