Italian Loaf, a Recipe Revisited

Sometimes when I am baking and blogging I think, I could have done that better.  Today I want to revisit a recipe and show it to you in a more artistic way in the hope that you will be inspired to try baking it too.


The first time I made this bread I just whacked it into a loaf tin. It tasted wonderful but it didn't say 'Eat me!'  Today I took some time to make a more rustic loaf.   As humans, we eat with our eyes.  Food should look tempting as well as taste and smell delicious.   So I thought I'd give it another go. 


This dough contains Semolina and is really easy to work.   If you have never tried baking your own bread, this would be a good place to start.   You can find the recipe and instructions here:  Semolina Bread


You can make any shape loaf you like, but I think this shape will bake nicely and be easy to slice.  Round loaves look lovely but the sliced bread doesn't always fit in the toaster.  And homemade bread makes the most wonderful toast!


This bread makes me think of Italian restaurants and red checked table cloths. I feel a 'Lady and the Tramp' spaghetti moment coming on.   Ciao bella!

Comments

  1. I first had to look in my dictonary, what semolina is in German. And I was astonished: it's "Grieß". Never made a bread with THAT!
    You never stop learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe... That's the great thing about the internet. You can learn something new everyday! : )

      Delete
  2. I had semolina for dessert a few weeks back - a blast from the past. And now this semolina bread, with my Italian roots, I am drooling. Thanks for sharing Debs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to teach us how to make a dessert from semolina, please!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, who are you going to share that strand of spaghetti with? ;-) Love that bread, I have semolina so will be bookmarking for later baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have two men in my life, hubby and the cat! It's got to be one of them. ; ) I hope you give this bread a try I think you will like it!

      Delete
  4. I am big fan of home baked bread, but I cannot make it too frequently or I will end up eating half a loaf all by myself and then feel really rough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh baked bread is hard to resist. Sometimes I prefer it to cake, and I love cake! : )

      Delete

Post a Comment