Beach Hut Moving Day

It's been the coldest Easter I can remember on either side of the Pond.  But no matter how wild or bitterly cold the wind has been, the seafront had been full of people.  We were there too, watching the dogs playing on the beach as the sun was beginning to set.  


Easter is the beginning of our tourist season come rain or shine or SNOW!  I feel partially responsible for the awful weather because we have rented a beach hut!  


April 1st is beach hut moving day.  So in the freezing gale force winds we began setting up for the season.  


Beach Huts are miniature homes away from home.  A tiny table and a couple of chairs make it comfortable.   Add tea making supplies and you can settle in for the day.


There are still one or two things left to sort out but we are getting there.  


All we really need is a kettle and some sun - then we can really enjoy our little bit of the seaside.  

Comments

  1. How lovely! What a wonderful place to sit and watch the world go by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a bit bleak and cold right now but I hope to add a few more bits and pieces. It will be lovely when the weather improves.... I hope the weather improves! : )

      Delete
  2. Hm, hm, hm. It looks somehow strange for me, or funny! I mean - I don't want to annoy you; if you were here in Germany, I'd think of a joke, made at this special 1st April: people here play funny jokes to others. But I don't know, if these funny things are made in UK, too. :-) Anyway, I love your Beach Hut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a joke anywhere but in the UK! : ) People here are at the beach everyday and in the worst weather. My husband says the beach hut looks like a prison cell. I told him it was because I hadn't finished decorating it yet! That made him nervous. Happy April Fool's Day! ; )

      Delete
  3. Is there power at your beach hut or will you use a camping stove? Either way, I am envious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, our beach hut is power-less, so it will be a camping stove for us. I am quite excited about that because I've never really been camping or used a camping stove. Perhaps we should buy a fire extinguisher too! ; )

      Delete
  4. The bech hut is a little small but still nice to have one,the first picture is very pretty. Jess wants to know if you can put some more Horrible History videos on your blog! :)She RELLY likes them!
    Love,Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,the beach hut is a little small but VERY cozy! : ) We can eat fish and chips and watch the doggies on the beach for as long as we like now.

      Delete
  5. Uncle Andy and I still have a few things to add to the beach hut so I'll show you more later! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that beach hut rocks! I totally LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't finished yet! Hope to have more to show you soon. : )X

      Delete

Post a Comment