Almost Wordless Wednesday - Roses Only

Here are a few photos of the different roses blooming in the garden today, complete with black spot and bugs.  You have to be tough to survive in our garden.  



This one looks like the pink icing roses on a birthday cake. 



White rose...black spot, this is what happens when you don't have a clue how to grow roses.



The buds of this tiny rose are the colour of a ripe cantaloupe melon.



Lemon is the only word that comes to mind.



This rose was in the garden when be bought the house.  I didn't know it was there until we chopped down a huge, horrible shrub.  



This is my favourite rose of all.   It's just stuffed with petals and the most wonderful aroma.  Best of all there are more to come!

Comments

  1. Wonderful your roses! I almost can smell them!
    Those black spots can be some fungus - at not at all your fault!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky to have roses at all. I never spray then and just leave them to their own devices. : )

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I can almost smell them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how each rose has a completely different scent. I have a copper coloured rose that smells like cucumbers! : )

      Delete
  3. So pretty. I can't believe they have bloomed given the weather we've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! : ) Actually, they are doing surprisingly well. I think the long winter has invigorated them.

      Delete

Post a Comment