Domineering Day Lilies

It's hot and I am lazy so not much going on here except a cup of tea in the garden.  When I get a short burst of energy, I wander around and inspect the borders.


While all the other flowers in the garden are drooping in the heat, the day lilies are basking in the strong sunshine.


The double orange ones are almost painful to look at in the dazzling sun.


I am glad they are in bloom.  We've reached that strange stage in high summer where all the early flowers are gone and the late bloomers have yet to begin. 


The day lilies are like the jesters in a Shakespearean drama.  They provide comic relief in their bright, pointed caps and distract you while the scenery is slowly being changed.


Once this heatwave breaks, the borders will have a dramatic second flush of flowers.  For now, the day lilies are performing centre stage.


They certainly know how to put on a show!

Comments

  1. I love the analogy with a Shakespearean court jester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots of colour. We've had cloudy skies for the last two days...missing the sun already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad as it is to loose the sun, we are desperate for rain. In the perfect world we would have sunny days and rain at night. I've put in a request for this but have had no reply, yet! : )

      Delete
  3. Thank you for taking time to post pictures of the lovely lilies. They bring peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure. I enjoy my garden and taking photos. When I hear that other people enjoy them too, it makes me very happy. Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment