Cupcake Liner Lids

Have you ever seen something so simple and so obvious that it made you smack yourself upside the head and say 'Why didn't I think of that?'



Well, that's what just happened to me.  I saw this clever trick only it was under the ring of a Mason Jar.   So I thought, why not use a paper cupcake liner to decorate the top of a jam jar!



It's cheaper and easier than cutting out all those fabric circles traditionally used to decorate jam and chutney.  Just put a paper cupcake liner over the top of the jar lid, secure it with a rubber band, and tie with a bit of brightly coloured ribbon or string. 

I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this before! 

Comments

  1. Awww, sweeeet - and ideal for giving presents of homemade jams. If I made homemade jam, that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll use any excuse to tie a bit of bright string or ribbon on things. The cat won't sit on my lap for fear of being decorated. ; D

      Delete
  2. Oh thank you! It's certainly a quick way to jazz up a small jar of preserves or chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea for gifting bottles of homemade things - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment