Apple Cinnamon Loaf Cake

When I think of cake, I think of multiple layers of sponge sandwiched together with dollops of rich, creamy icing.  I like a little cake with my frosting, so I don't usually make a simple, naked, loaf cake but when a friend posted this recipe on Facebook I knew I had to try it!



Most Sunday afternoons we visit Maggie, my mum-n-law.  Maggie loves cake almost as much as I do.  I use this as an excuse to bake a cake for Sunday afternoon tea and this was the cake of the day, Apple Cinnamon Loaf Cake.



This lovely little cake requires only basic store cupboard ingredients and just one apple. I used a Golden Delicious apple but any variety will do.
  
 

The batter comes together in next to no time and there's no fussing with frosting!  (I can't believe I typed that!)  



Click HERE for the recipe .... one more thing, it took about 45 minutes for my cake to bake.  Your cake may require a little more or a little less time.  



And unlike those multi-layered, frosting filled, mile high cakes you can wrap this in parchment paper and tie it up with a bow!   Have cake...will travel.


PS:  What a great surprise!  This recipe has been featured on FOODIES 100 Ten at Ten!  Thanks to Foodies 100 and that great blogger, CAKEYBOI .

Comments

  1. Delicious! Apple and cinnamon is one of my favourite combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, I often make loaf cakes without frosting, apple and cinnamon is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this loaf cake so much, I am going to investigate more loaf cake recipes. Do you have a favourite you'd like to share?

      Delete
  3. Fabulous - I love apple & cinnamon so this will definitely be on my list to try - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! I've been bitten by the 'loaf cake' bug... want to try more recipes like this one.

      Delete
  4. I'm an anglophile as well and found you through Stephenson's Green Rice Casserole == I, too, grew up in KC and that was our restaurant for special events -- unfortunately, the last few years, it was a bit "seedy"! But I was sorry to see it go! I've added you as a friend of Linderhof. And your cake -- looks lovely and we may be snowed in the next few days and I may make it when I'm snowed in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha! Welcome to my little piece of England. I am so pleased you've found my blog, I've visited yours and it is lovely. Stay warm, have some tea and cake and enjoy the snow. We don't get much here in Devon and I really miss those beautiful white winters.

      Delete
  5. Now this is my kind of cake because I'm not particularly fond of frosting. Neither is Jess. If the frosting isn't whipped cream, dream whip or cream cheese, I'd probably scrape it off. We love apple goodies around here so I must try with the girls! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment