Emergency Cake - Mix in the Tin Chocolate Cake

I try to resist cake.  I try to limit my cake consumption, then I snap and have to have a piece of cake NOW!  I need an EMERGENCY cake.


Today was one of those days... I needed cake and quickly.  I've had this 'mix in the tin' recipe for a very long time.  


They say this recipe was developed during the War, when there were no eggs and butter was very limited. 


But it's a very modern sort of recipe, too, perfect for busy people who don't have lots of time to devote to baking cakes. 


The most difficult thing about making this cake was cleaning up afterwards. Could be I am just a messy cook.


Click HERE FOR THE KING ARTHUR FLOUR'S ORIGINAL CAKE-PAN CAKE RECIPE.   Please excuse me, I REALLY need to eat a piece of this cake! 

Comments

  1. As Ina would say - how easy is that? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey, erm, I mean... Stuart! ; D

      Delete
  2. What an unusual sounding recipe. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy little cake you can bake in no time at all.

      Delete

Post a Comment